Yes, you can even cook steak in an air fryer! We found that thicker cuts, like sirloin, are best — they turn nice and browned on the outside without overcooking. Plus, there’s very little clean-up. Added homemade garlic-herb butter to melt over the steak for a quick and flavorful weeknight dinner.
1Pound sirloin steak, about 1 inch thick
- Kosher Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 Small clove garlic, finely grated
- 1/4 Teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
You will also need a 3.5-quart air fryer
Allow the steak to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat a 3.5-quart air fryer to 400 degrees F. Season the steak on both sides with a generous pinch of salt and several grinds of black pepper. Place the steak in the center of the air fryer basket and cook until the desired doneness. about 10 minutes for medium-rare, 12 minutes for medium, and 14 minutes for medium-well. Transfer the steak to a cutting board and allow about 10 minutes of rest.
- Meanwhile, mash together the butter, parsley, chives, garlic, and crushed red pepper in a small bowl until combined. slive the steak against the grain into 1/4 inch thick pieces – Top with the garlic herb butter.
Source – Food Network