- 1 1/4 pounds of peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 5 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 teaspoons chipotle hot sauce, plus more to taste
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Mexican-style lager, such as corona
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter cut into pieces
- 1 lime, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- Prepare a grill for medium heat. Layout a piece of heavy-duty foil 12 inches by 18 inches. Fold the four sides up to create walls and spread the shrimp in the center of the foil. Toss the shrimp with garlic, chipotle sauce, cumin, oregano, coriander, and salt. Pour in the beer. Dot the butter pieces on top. Cover with another large piece of foil and crimp and fold the edges together to seal tightly.
- Transfer the foil pack to the grill, close the lid and cook until the shrimp are pink and cooked through 4 to 6 minutes. Remove from the heat and let sit for a few minutes. Carefully tear the packet open, being careful not to let the escaping steam burn you. Squeeze lime juice over the shrimp and sprinkle with cilantro. Serve the shrimp with the rice and pass extra chipotle hot sauce on the side.
Source – Food Network